What is Osteopathy
Osteopathy is a primary health care system, complementary to other medical practices. It is suitable for almost anyone and can contribute to the treatment and management of a wide range of problems. Primarily osteopaths work through the neuro-musculo-skeletal system, mostly on muscles, joints and fascia, using a holistic and patient-centred approach.
A core principle behind osteopathy is the idea of the body being an integrated and indivisible whole, containing self-healing mechanisms that can be utilised as part of the treatment. No part of the body works, or can be considered, in isolation. Relevant bio-pyschosocial factors also form part of the process of patient diagnosis.
Hashim has a varied approach from gentle stretching techniques to deeper soft tissue work and gentle joint mobilisation through to direct joint manipulation. The treatment style will vary depending on your individual needs, with supplementary advice given to patients on lifestyle, exercise, ergonomics and dietary issues.
- Masters in Osteopathy (BCOM)
- Masters in Sports Medicine, Exercise and Health (UCL)
- Diploma in Naturopathy (BCOM)
- Hashim is registered with the General Osteopathic Council,and is a board member of the Osteopathic Sports Care Association UK.
- THE GENERAL OSTEOPATHIC COUNCIL
The General Osteopathic Council regulates the practice of osteopathy in the United Kingdom. By law osteopaths must be registered with us in order to practise in the UK. We work with the public and osteopathic profession to promote patient safety by registering qualified professionals, and setting, maintaining and developing standards of osteopathic practice and conduct. www.osteopathy.org.uk
- THE OSTEOPATHIC SPORTS CARE ASSOCIATION
The Osteopathic Sports Care Association is a membership group for osteopaths involved or interested in the treatment of people participating in sport. It was founded in 1995 with the aim of promoting the education and awareness of sports care both to and from osteopaths. www.osca.org.uk
- Hashim has a sporting background in football, cricket, tennis and squash, which has led him to a particular interest in the treatment and management of sports injuries and bio-mechanical issues. He has worked with Fulham FC, Wealdstone FC and Amersham and Chiltern RFC and Watford Ladies FC.
- Hashim was also part of a select group chosen for the host medical team at London 2012 and Rio 2016.
For more information on Hashim visit his website: http://www.atlasosteopathy.co.uk/