Throughout life we accumulate injuries and illness that become held into our body tissues, leading to ill-health and dysfunction. These dysfunctions influence our musculo-skeletal system, nervous system, cardio-vascular system, immune system, organs, connective tissues, fluids and the energy systems of our body.
Surrounded by natural forces that generate the tides in the oceans, menstrual cycles, circadian rhythms and many other rhythms of life. Rhythmic motion that is present in our body is a reflection of these natural forces which is present throughout nature and all living things. It is this natural force which determines the orderly progression of life, growth, development, health and healing and which restores and maintains balance and integration.
Everything that happens to us – every injury, every illness, every tension, every trauma – influences rhythmic motion, creating disturbances to its fluent expression – twists, turns, restrictions, resistances and disturbs our underlying vitality.
When a Cranio-Sacral Therapist tunes in they engage with the rhythmic motion and natural forces within the body releasing any disturbances and resistances to re-establish a more calm, settled, balanced, integrated state where the underlying vitality can be expressed freely, and the body can function more smoothly and fluently.
Benefits of Cranial-Sacral Therapy:
- A healthy, balanced underlying state which enables the body's own healing mechanisms to operate at optimum level, and restore health.
- To establish a strong underlying vitality and the free flow of our inherent vitality throughout the body.
- To overcome disease and disturbance, and to release tensions and restrictions, so that symptoms, conditions and their underlying causes can be resolved.
- To release deeply held patterns of disease - both physically and psychologically.
- It can help from minor aches and pains to severe and persistent chronic health issues.
- It stimulates and enhances self healing mechanisms within the body to respond, release and open up to a more balanced healthy state.
- It works on many different levels, influences and structures within the body.
- It stimulates the body’s own natural potential, helping the body to eradicate the root of any problem.
- It's effects are profound and widespread and can be effective over a very wide range of circumstances and conditions.
- Engaging with every aspect of our being – physical, mental, emotional, spiritual: Cranio-Sacral Therapy is treating people; it is treating the whole person and everything about the person at a fundamental and profound level.
- It has a significant part to play in addressing the far-reaching and potentially life-determining consequences of severe trauma and shock - whether due to severe car accidents, mugging, rape, sexual abuse, childhood abuse, birth, war, or any other cause – engaging with both the physical and psycho-emotional effects of trauma.
Cranio-Sacral Therapy can be of benefit at any age – for babies, children, adults, the elderly, in pregnancy, in birth, in sickness or in health. A treatment is carried out lying down, fully clothed, in a quiet and peaceful environment. Treatment is generally experienced as relaxing and non-invasive. which may pervade the whole person, physically, mentally and emotionally, often accompanied by a feeling of lightness and ease.
It's a gentle yet extremely powerful form of treatment.
All treatments are with Nikki Chrysostomou About Nikki
Tranquility: "Over 10 years of understanding bodies for a better way of life..."