- Anatomy in 3 Dimensions
- Balanced Body Mat 3: small equipment (2 days)
- Looking at the Pelvis in 2 Halves
- Mat & Pole
- Opening your own Studio
Anatomy in 3 Dimensions™ - There is no better way to learn anatomy!
Anatomy in 3 Dimensions is the best way to understand the musculoskeletal system and integrate anatomical knowledge into your teaching. Learn the structure and function of bones, joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments as well as the origin, insertion and action of the major muscles of movement by building them yourself with clay on a specially designed skeleton called a Maniken.
Learn how muscles move by experiencing each muscle group in action and relating these exercises to functional movement.
This course is designed to help anyone working with the body gain a deeper understanding of how the muscles and bones affect movement and have helped Pilates, other movement specialists, Chiropractors, Acupuncturists, Osteopaths and others gain amazing practical insight into the body.
On this 2 day course we will cover the body from the knees through to the shoulders. You will also:
- Review the principles of musculoskeletal anatomy
- Understand the structure & function of bones, joints, muscles, tendons & ligaments
- Identify bony landmarks
- Understand joint structure and movements
- Learn the origin, insertion and action of the major muscles of movement
- Learn basic exercises for each muscle group
Date: Saturday 2nd & Sunday 3rd March 2019
Cost Option 1: Early bird payment £445 if paid in full before 26th January 2019
Cost Option 2: £200 deposit with the balance of £270 paid 1 week before the course starts.
Balanced Body Mat 3 Pilates Teacher Training Program - Saturday 18th & Sunday 19th May 2019
Learn the Pilates Small Equipment (rollers, magic circle, small balls and bands) with Balanced Body.
Balanced Body Mat 3 is open to: any Pilates instructor who already has the basic knowledge of Pilates mat work and is looking to expand their mat Pilates knowledge by using small equipment. Personal trainers and other movement specialists
Teacher: Nikki Chrysostomou
Date: Saturday 18th & Sunday 19th May 2019
Time: 9am - 6pm
Early Bird: £420
Full Price: £465
Plus manual: £45
Comes with 16 PMA CECs
Looking at the Pelvis in 2 Halves with Nikki Chrysostomou – Saturday 1st June 2019
Up-slip, down-slip, rotated - how is the position of the sacrum affecting the ilium?
Majority - if not all the time we are working with clients whose pelvis is not balanced through the position of the sacrum and the ilium's. Looking at the pelvis in two halves and observing its position from the bony landmarks will help us bring balance and better functional movement into our lives.
During this 6 hour workshop, you will:
- Explore the two sides of the pelvis from observing the position of the sacrum, ilium ASIS and lower back
- Understand how the imbalance between the 2 sides of the pelvis causes dysfunction in pelvic stability, mobility, gait and mood swings.
- Learn exercises to balance the two halves for better functional movement.
Date: Saturday 1st June 2019
Cost: £140 + £15 handout
PMA CEC's: 5
Mat & Pole Workshop - Sunday 22nd September 2019
A mat and a pole - focusing on whole body integration, working the global and local muscles groups in various body positions. Nikki will be presenting her work with the weighted pole (36” maple dowel). Adding props to your mat classes is always refreshing and fun!
Teacher: Nikki Chrysostomou
Date: Sunday 22nd September 2019
Cost: £95 + £15 handout
Comes with 4 PMA CEC's
The Orbit Workshop – Saturday 23rd November 2019
This 5 1/2 hour workshop is open to any Pilates Instructors, Personal Trainers or other movement therapists. The Power of circular movement: the Orbit, challenges the body in multiple planes, balance, pro- perception, whole body strength & mobility. Perfect as a unique option for group exercise and personal training sessions.
During this workshop you will:
- Be introduced to the Orbit
- Participate in a 1 hour Orbit class
- Discuss Orbit Safety
- Receive over a 100 page manual
Teacher: Nikki Chrysostomou
Date: Saturday 23rd November 2019
Cost: £150 including VAT and Manual
This workshop comes with 3 PMA CEC's.
Opening your own studio and running a business - Sunday 24th November 2019
Between August 2008 – January 2012 I moved Tranquility 5 times & survived!! This 3 hour talk is open to anyone who has started the process of opening up their own studio or who is thinking about it. Come and listen to the dos and don’ts, the tears, frustrations and the nightmares! My experience during this time was exceptionally amazing and I would just like to give you a couple of words of advice.
During this talk we will discuss:
- Finding a space
- Negotiating with the landlord / agent
- Planning applications & change of use
- Fit out
- Understanding you’re a small business.
- Answering any questions you may have.
Date: Sunday 24th November
Cost: £35 including VAT
This talk will be given by Nikki Chrysostomou
Cancellation Policy / terms & conditions:
- Full refund minus £55 administration fee if written notice of cancellation is received 30 days or more before course / workshop start date.
- Half the course / workshop fee if written notice of your cancellation is received by Tranquility Pilates Studio Ltd up to 7 calendar days before course/ workshop start date or £35* fee to transfer from one course to another.
- Full cost of the course / workshop fee if written notice of your cancellation is received by Tranquility Pilates Studio Ltd less than 7 calendar days before course / workshop start date or £35* fee to transfer from one course / workshop to another.
- No show on the day results in NO refund and the course / workshop charged in full.
- In the event of a course / workshop cancellation, Tranquility Pilates Studio Ltd is not responsible for any hotel/airline reservations or transportation costs.
- Tranquility Pilates Studio Ltd reserves the right to cancel any course/workshop, in which case the tuition fee will be refunded in full.
- * After paying the £35 transfer fee and then decide to cancel the course / workshop you will be charged as above for the original cancellation fee that was first cancelled. Please note the course / workshop have to be attended within 12 months.